Historical Review of the First Presbyterian Church of Blackwood: A Sermon (Classic Reprint)

Save £0.39
filler

Title: Hardback
Price:
Sale price£21.49 Regular price£21.88

Description

Excerpt from Historical Review of the First Presbyterian Church of Blackwood: A Sermon

The Presbytery of Abington was set off from the Presbytery of New Brunswick in the fall of 1751, and remained in existence until 1758.until April 8, 1767, the congregation was dependent upon supplies, who gave intermittent services. In the fall of 17 53, Rev. Nehemiah Greenman preached here one Sab bath. In 1754, some time during the summer, Mr. Green man preached one Sabbath. Rev. Daniel Lawrence preach ed one Sabbath in the winter, Rev. N eherniah Greenman and Rev. Daniel Lawrence one Sabbath each in the spring of i 1755, Revs. Messrs. Lawrence and Andrew Hunter one Sabbath each the succeeding winter, Rev. Henry Martin one Sabbath in the summer of 17 56, and Mr. Greenman one Sabbath the succeeding winter. There were no sup plies then until the fall of 1758 when Messrs. Andrew Hunter, N ehemiah Greenman, Daniel Lawrence and Wil liam Ramsey were appointed to supply each one Sabbath during the ensuing winter, either at Woodbury or Timber Creek, so that each place shall have equal shares. Rev. Mr. Hunter supplied the church one Sabbath in the summer of 1756, and Mr. Hunter and Mr. Ramsay one Sabbath each in the winter. After this there were no supplies until 1762, when Mr. Martin and Mr. Ramsay supplied the church each one Sabbath. In 1764 Rev. Henry Martin served the church one Sabbath, and Rev. John Brainerd two. Nov. 7, 1764, a supplication went from the church for supplies and the administration of the Lord's Supper. In answer thereto Presbytery appointed the following supplies: Mr. Hunter one Sabbath, Mr. Brainerd two, Mr. Lawrence one, and Mr. Ramsay one, and Mr. Brainerd and Mr. Hunter to administer the sacrament in the spring, if the way be clear. Rev. Charles Beatty supplied the church one Sab bath, and Rev. John Brainerd three Sabbaths during May and June, 1765. The Presbytery of Philadelphia met here July 30 of this year, and in the fall Revs. John Brainerd and Mr. Williams supplied one Sabbath' each. In the spring of 1766 Mr. Chesnutt supplied the church one Sab bath, the first time since November, 17 5 3. In the summer Rev. John Brainerd supplied one Sabbath.

About the Publisher

Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com

This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art technology to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.

Details

Publisher - Forgotten Books

Language - English

Author(s) - Frederic Richard Brace

Hardback

Published Date - August 27 2019

ISBN - 9780267839889

Dimesions - 22.9 x 15.2 x 0.5 cm

Page Count - 40

Payment & Security

American Express Apple Pay Google Pay Maestro Mastercard Shop Pay Visa

Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.

You may also like

Recently viewed