“Bobbin the Elf goes off to explore, when he visits Folkland through the fireplace door.
One day, with his friend, Pigeon Beak, in a hot air balloon, they fly up for a treat.”…
This, the second wonderful picture book following the adventures of Bobbin and Beak, continues the tale of what they can see whilst floating high up in the sky.
A perfect gift for young readers wondering what surprises they may find throughout the book. They can join in the magical fantasy of dragons and elves and a picturesque countryside view.
A charming bedtime story and perfect for children aged from 3-7. Parents and grandparents alike will enjoy reading this story to their little explorers, and will have fun helping them find all the different sights and objects Bobbin and Beak come across in the countryside. The beautiful and life-like illustrations, created by the author, follow the tale and match perfectly with the rhymes on each page. It’s easy to follow and understand, even for children who have yet to learn to read.
Once again, buckle up, ready to go on an exploration with Bobbin and learn about different characters and creatures, how they sound and what they do in their everyday lives out there in the beautiful countryside. At the end of the book, children of all ages can play a game of ‘spot the detail’ in the countryside scene and then, copying the earlier illustrations, they can colour it in if they wish.
We know that nursery rhymes are important for language acquisition and help with speech development. They also help children develop auditory skills such as discriminating between sounds and developing the ear for the music of words.
Grab this book, the second in a series of fantasy adventures!
- It’s easy to understand and told in clever rhyme
- With full colour, detailed illustrations demonstrating the various sites of the countryside
- A thought-provoking theme, linking fantasy with reality
What the reviewers have said
- An easy to follow rhyming book for youngsters of all ages
- My kids loved it, especially all the dragons
- Interesting book with beautiful illustrations that children can look at and follow the story easily
- The idea of a ‘spot the detail’ game kept my kids quiet for ages and it was great to recognise a few local landmarks in Hertfordshire
- My children played games of how many balloons they could find and count in the book
- Children can learn a lot from this book
Publisher - The Endless Bookcase
Author(s) - Shelagh Fairbank
Published Date - December 08 2023
ISBN - 9781914151965
Dimensions - 25.4 x 20.3 x 0 cm
Page Count - 31
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.