Learn the rock licks, techniques and concepts you need to become an awesome rock and metal guitar soloist with this easy-to-follow, step-by-step method!
No music reading necessary plus over 75 minutes of supporting video lessons and demonstrations and over 50 minutes of backing tracks in a variety of rock styles.
- Build the soloing vocabulary and technical skills you need to play authentic rock and metal guitar solos
- Over 100 sample licks and exercises based on the playing of legendary guitarists like Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Angus Young, Michael Schenker, Tony Iommi, Ritchie Blackmore, Gary Moore, Randy Rhoads, Zakk Wylde, Kirk Hammett, Slash, Paul Gilbert, George Lynch, Warren DeMartini and others
- Learn essential blues-rock licks, repeating licks, ‘sliding scale’ licks, double-stop licks, legato licks and more
- Learn and understand essential rock scales like the minor pentatonic, blues scale, major pentatonic, natural minor scale and Dorian mode
- Nail essential rock techniques like string bending, ‘wide’ rock vibrato, muting and string damping, pinch harmonics, ‘hammering-from-nowhere’ and others
- Discover how to put it all together into solos that make an impact by exploring techniques like repetition, contrast, phrasing, dynamics etc.
- Includes lessons on how to practice, building speed with a metronome,’speed learning’ techniques for faster memorisation of new material, different bending techniques (pre-bends, repicked bends etc), amp setting guidelines, basic rhythm reading and more
- Easy to follow method with no music reading necessary!
This is more than just another ‘book of licks’! It literally gives you a step-by-step method for building a soloing vocabulary like the one all the great rock players have. This can potentially transform your playing and get you playing authentic rock solos with more fluency and authority than you perhaps thought possible.
Rock Lick Method for Guitar also comes with an optional free download pack containing over 75 minutes of video tuition/demonstration of the material in the book, over 20 authentic rock backing tracks plus a blank tab workbook/practice diary to use alongside the method.
Rock Lick Method for Guitar is perfect for:
- Rock players who wants to massively expand their soloing vocabulary and their repertoire of licks and techniques
- Players from other styles (blues, country etc.) who want to build their rock guitar skills
- Players who are sick and tired of playing the same licks and need some fresh ideas!
- Intermediate players looking to level up their playing
- Intermediate-advanced players looking for inspiration and ideas so they can build on their existing skills
Who is this book NOT for?
- This book is not really aimed at the complete beginner, some experience and ability playing licks and solos is preferable
- This book is not aimed at someone looking for a library of ‘shred’ licks using sweep picking, tapping etc. These advanced playing techniques are not covered