Learn to dye wood with homemade dyes from plants.
I’ve been dyeing beads for years and in this book I’ve shared my entire process so you can dye your own. This book isn’t limited to beads though – I share tips for painting dye on other wooden surfaces, even small items of furniture. The possibilities with plant dyes are endless.
Everything you dye with wild or homegrown plants is a unique creation and a reflection of the natural world around you. Plus, it’s a wonderful way to be creative, as natural dyeing encourages mindfulness. You’ll become immersed in the moment and focus on scents, colours, patterns and textures. Have fun exploring!
- extract dye from plants you already have easy access to
- how to choose plants that produce longer lasting dyes
- apply the methods to other plants to develop your own colour palette
- make concentrated dyes that are suited for dyeing and painting wood
- how to pretreat wood in soya milk in order to achieve darker colours
- dye and paint beads, buttons and other small items
- dye wood evenly
- paint larger surfaces and even furniture!
- paint patterns on round beads
- use iron to widen your colour palette
- store the dyes in the fridge and keep them for future projects
- seal in the colour with oil or other sealants
- paint concentrated dyes with a brush on wood
- use the same dyes on paper and fabric!
Publisher - Rebecca Desnos
Author(s) - Rebecca Desnos
Published Date - October 25 2020
ISBN - 9780995556690
Dimensions - 23.4 x 15.6 x 0.6 cm
Page Count - 100
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.