Sign up for offers & news
Enter your email address to receive news and special offers.
Copytech (UK) Limited
1. These Terms and Conditions (General Contest Rules) shall be binding when entering any competitions operated by Copytech (UK) Ltd or any of its subsidiary companies , its sponsor or any company or website owned or controlled by Copytech (UK) Ltd. The use of ‘Copytech (UK) Ltd’ in these terms and conditions refers to Copytech (UK) Ltd and all its subsidiary companies.
Entry and participation in any competition shall be deemed an unconditional acceptance by you of these Terms. All entry instructions and any other specific details relating to the competition or the prizes form part of these Terms.
2. To enter a competition you must be: (a) ordinarily a UK resident; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry. From time to time Copytech (UK) Ltd will run competitions which are open to those under the age of 18 years and details will be specified on the individual competition entry details.
3. Competitions are not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Printondemand-Worldwide.com, The Great British Book Shop, Fast Print, or any subsidiary of Copytech (UK) Ltd.
4. No purchase necessary.
5. Only one competition entry per person.
6. Only competition entries received using the correct application method will be considered. The application method will be detailed on each competition.
7. Sending an email is not proof that we have received your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are late, lost or delayed, illegible, or which are not received for any reason.
8. Entries which are deemed fraudulent by Copytech (UK) will be automatically disqualified.
9. Incorrectly-completed entries will be disqualified.
10. The closing date is as specified in each competition, and Copytech (UK) Ltd reserve the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
11. If you win a competition, Copytech (UK) Ltd will notify you by email, or social media if you entered the competition on a social media platform, within seven working days of the closing date. If you do not respond within 48 hours of being notified, you will forfeit your prize and Copytech (UK) Ltd reserve the right to choose another winner. The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such reasonably requested promotional activity and material as Copytech (UK) Ltd or any of its subsiduaries may require.
13. If a panel of judges is required for the competition, it will be comprised of persons detailed on the relevant competition page.
14. The prize will not be transferable to another person.
14.1 No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
14.2. If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
14.3. Where a winner chooses not to accept a prize, they forfeit any and all claims to that prize, which will be dealt with at the absolute discretion of Copytech (UK) Ltd. Such forfeiture will nullify any right of remedy or other legal action against Copytech (UK) Ltd or its subsidiary companies.
14.4. All prizes are accepted entirely at the risk of the winner and Copytech (UK) Ltd excludes all warranties in connection with any prize. Copytech (UK) Ltd is not liable for any costs relating to the collection of prizes or and add-on required i.e. travel, accommodation, etc.
14.5. Copytech (UK) Ltd, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors and representatives are not responsible for defective prizes or misuse of any prize, or claims, liability, loss or damage arising out of or in connection with any contest promoted.
14.6. If the winner(s) of the prize cannot be traced after all reasonable efforts having been made by Copytech (UK) Ltd, then Copytech (UK) Ltd may dispose of the prize as it thinks fit without any liability to the winner(s) for having done so.
14.7. Where prizes are to be provided by a third party then the winner(s) will be required to complete all appropriate or applicable booking or other formalities direct with such provider. Copytech (UK) Ltd will have no responsibility for the acts or defaults of any other persons.
14.8. Copytech (UK) Limited reserves the absolute right to disqualify any entrant to any competition which it considers has used improper technical means to enter.
14.9. We will endeavour to send prizes within a month of the competition end date but cannot guarantee this delivery time.
16. Copytech (UK) Ltd reserve the right to amend these rules at any time. Copytech (UK) Ltd may also create rules which will apply to a specific competition only. If Copytech (UK) Ltd do this we will publish the amended competition rules and/or specific competition rules on the relevant competition page.
17. If the competition or promotion is run on Facebook, then it is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. By participating you hereby release and hold harmless Facebook from any and all liability associated with this promotion.
18. Copytech (UK) Ltd is not liable in any way for any costs, expenses, damages, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with the competition or prizes, other than those costs and expenses specifically provided for in the prize (if any). This exclusion does not include any liability for negligence by Copytech (UK) Ltd or death or personal injury arising out of such negligence.
19. Where Copytech (UK) has special contest Terms and Conditions in relation to a particular contest, then they (the special terms and conditions) will prevail in the event of inconsistency between those special contest Terms and Conditions and these General Contest Rules.
20. These rules shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law.