Massively improve your knowledge and understanding of the guitar fretboard and guitar theory with this step-by-step method for using the CAGED system.
Armed with everything in this book, you can learn and master the essential guitar scales all over the guitar neck, organize your fretboard for greater understanding and faster progress, use the exercises shown to practice smarter and more efficiently, and become a better guitar player, soloist, improviser and all-round musician.
In this method book (with accompanying demonstration videos and backing tracks) you’ll discover how to use the CAGED method to unlock your guitar fretboard and overcome the fretboard ‘roadblocks’ which prevent most guitar players from ever truly mastering the guitar neck. After the CAGED system has been clearly explained, you’ll learn how to apply it to the most useful guitar scales all guitar players need to know: the minor pentatonic, major pentatonic, major scale and natural minor scale plus arpeggio shapes for major7, dominant7, minor7 and minor7b5. I’ll also reveal how to use what you’ve learned to master other essential guitar scales like the Dorian mode, Lydian mode, Mixolydian mode, minor6 pentatonic and the blues scale.
The CAGED System for Guitar gives you 40 sample guitar licks, with video demonstrations,to help you build your guitar solos and soloing vocabulary. You also get step-by-step practice routines and guitar exercises, as well as ‘speed learning’ techniques to help you to master your fretboard in a fraction of the time it takes most other guitarists.
In The CAGED System for Guitar you’ll discover:
- The five CAGED chord shapes to use for organising and finally understanding your guitar fretboard. Learn how to memorize these quickly and easily using ‘speed learning’ techniques, circle of fifths exercises, and ‘visualization’ approaches for a solid fretboard foundation
- How to ‘build’ scale shapes and patterns around CAGED chord shapes for unshakeable fretboard knowledge and confidence! Use this method to find a shape for any scale, in any key, anywhere on the fretboard, and play guitar with freedom at last!
- 40 sample CAGED licks illustrating how to go from playing scale shapes to playing killer licks and solos all over the fretboard. These licks show you the tastiest bends, double-stops and scale runs to help you build your soloing vocabulary and start using each of the CAGED scale shapes like a pro (practice required!)
- How to build an endless number of great lick and soloing ideas. Use the techniques and practice methods described in the ‘Vocab Accelerator’ chapter to grow your soloing vocabulary, lick library, and soloing skills
- Step-by-step practice routines and learn the exact fretboard exercises to use in order to thoroughly and efficiently assimilate everything shown into your guitar playing repertoire
Ready to get started?