Sign up for offers & news
Enter your email address to receive news and special offers.
- Shop >
- Technology & Manufacturing>
- Industrial chemistry & manufacturing technologies>
- Other manufacturing technologies>
- Precision instruments manufacture>
- Clocks, chronometers & watches
* Informative text and hundreds of photos are a fitting testament to the world-renowned Rolex brand. * Respected wristwatch expert and historian Gisbert L. Brunner shares his extensive subject knowledge once more. * A must-have for watch collectors, enthusiasts, and anyone wishing to become one.
By Ryan Schmidt
A reference work for the novice or the seasoned watch enthusiast, fully illustrated with 400 colour photographs, and includes sections on basic watch mechanics and the watch movement; complications; dial design; case design and materials; straps, buckles, clasps, and accessories; and the industry and its players.
Suitable for amateur repairer, absolute beginner with no experience, and for hobbyists who often dabble with, but have little knowledge of, the techniques used in quality horological work. This book simplifies a variety of tasks that are often regarded as being complicated, such as re-pivoting, jewelling and bushing.
How can you tell a fake watch from a real one? Where are fakes made? What grades of quality can one find among so-called "replicas"? How can one buy a watch on the internet? How can one avoid fraudulent copies? These are just some of the questions to which any...
John Goldberger presents the most beautiful and unusual watches ever fitted with steel cases by Patek Philippe. One hundred and eighty-seven examples traced back through time and professionally photographed to show minute details. The result; the most comprehensive research ever dedicated to the rarest masterpieces of Patek Philippe's production.
Longcase clocks were individually hand-made during the golden age of change that took place between the late seventeenth and mid-nineteenth centuries. This book is suitable for all those who own and collect longcase clocks as well as clock repairers, horologists and conservationists.